Xtreme Motorglider Training
Earn your glider ratings or just experience the peaceful joy of soaring flight in our Diamond Xtreme motorglider Programs available for:
- An introduction to the soaring experience through a familiarization flight
- Adding a glider rating to your existing pilot certificate
- Adding a self-launch endorsement to the glider privileges on your existing certificate
- Learning to fly a glider as your first pilot certificate
What does it cost?
- A 45 minute familiarization flight in the Xtreme will cost $109
- The Xtreme rents for $114/hour
- A glider instructor will cost $51-61/hour
- Soaring books will cost around $200
- While training costs will vary, the following estimates are provided as guidelines:
- Add a glider rating to your current pilot certificate – $2575
- Self-launch endorsement for glider only pilots – $1250
- Self-launch endorsement for glider pilots with airplane experience – Varies
- Private pilot glider certificate from scratch – $4130
Why learn to fly a glider?
- Improve your confidence and skills in other aspects of flying
- Solo at age 14 and earn your Private pilot certificate at age 16
- Fly without a medical certificate
- Keep flying fun!!
Make your reservation today and get started on your next adventure: Sporty’s Academy Clermont County/Sporty’s Airport (I69) 2001 Sportys Dr Batavia, Ohio 45103 (513) 735-9100
Sporty’s Academy is proud to the support the Soaring Society of America’s (SSA’s) “Fly A Sailplane Today!” campaign or FAST program. You may purchase a $139 package through the Society’s web site. The FAST program package from the SSA includes:
- A voucher for an introductory glider lesson at a participating soaring center such as Sporty’s Academy.
- A copy of Everybody’s 1st Gliding Book by noted gliding instructor, Bob Wander.
- A glider pilot logbook for tracking your glider lessons.
- A 3 month introductory membership to the SSA including Soaring magazine.
In addition to the items provided by the SSA, if you redeem your voucher at Sporty’s Academy, you will receive:
- At least 0.5 hours in the Diamond Xtreme motorglider.
- At least 1 hour with a certified glider flight instructor (ground and flight).
- An entry for the flight in your SSA glider logbook.
- A framed First Flight certificate.
- A souvenir picture with your glider instructor.
To purchase a FAST program package, go to www.SSA.org. To schedule your introductory glider lesson with Sporty’s Academy call 513.735.9100 and be sure to mention that you will be using a FAST voucher.