Intended for ages 15 and younger
Long after the latest fad item is broken or forgotten, a child in your life will remember the time you made it possible for him or her to fly an airplane. Your child will spend two hours with an FAA-certified flight instructor who will tailor the experience to your child’s age and interests.
Your child and the flight instructor will then go on an hour-long local flight where he or she will gain an understanding of the airplane’s instruments as well as how to fly an airplane. With the flight instructor sitting next to him, your child will actually fly the airplane on their own. Talk about a boost in self-esteem! This confidence-building two hours will become a memory that your child will have for a lifetime. And who knows? Maybe your child will find his or her career path in the exciting aviation industry.
- Tailored flight lesson to the age of the participant
- Preflight Inspection of the airplane with an explanation of the flight instruments and an introduction to aerodynamics
- 1 Hour at the controls of a Cessna Skyhawk with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Preflight briefing and post flight review
- Souvenir Picture with the airplane and instructor
- Airman Logbook with the flight logged
- Student Pilot Resource Guide
- Cessna Cockpit Poster
- Sporty’s Getting Started Program
Although not required, a parent or other guardian is welcome to accompany their child for any or all of the Youth Flight.
To order or for more information, call Sporty’s Academy at 513.735.9500 or email Fly@SportysAcademy.com and provide us with the day and time that’s convenient for you.